Prep time:plus chilling time
Dark chocolate with tart berries -this simple dessert will wow your guests.
- 14 squares plain chocolate (76% cocoa solids)
- 1tsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 1tbsp brandy
- 100g (3 1/2oz) raspberries
- Icing sugar, to dust
Suitable for vegetarians
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Cool slightly. Stir in yolks, one at a time, then the brandy. Whisk whites until peaked, stir a quarter into chocolate, then fold in the rest. Chill for 30 mins.
- Put berries in two glasses, reserving a few. Top with choc mixture. Chill for 1 hr. Dust with icing sugar before serving. Serve with reserved raspberries.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 320(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.