Swap a ginger nut biscuit for this tasty tart to liven up your afternoon cuppa
- 200g (7oz) plain flour
- 50g (2oz) icing sugar
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 125g (4oz) butter, chilled
- Half a 454g (16oz) jar of ginger preserve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Sift the flour, icing sugar, ginger and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Cut the butter into small cubes, add to the mixture and rub in with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs. You can also do this in a food processor.
- Add 3tbsp of water and mix to a stiff dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin and cut into 10cm rounds. Use to line a 12-bun tin.
- Divide the ginger preserve between the pastry cases and bake for 12 minutes.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 200(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.