Jen Shepherd's glazed champagne chicken
Cooking time:plus marinating time of 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you hate to see good champagne go to waste, try this quick and tasty chicken recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts, with skin
- 1/4pt (5floz) champagne
- 1tbsp of clear honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 mild, red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1tbsp of olive oil
If you have white wine, you can use this instead of champagne. To save time, just marinate the chicken for 5 - 10 mins.
- Marinate the chicken breasts with the crushed garlic, chilli, salt and pepper for 30 mins.
- Heat the olive oil in a shallow frying pan - fry the chicken and any excess marinade, on a medium heat for 5 mins on one side, turn over and fry for 3 mins then add in the champagne and clear honey. Reduce down for 5 - 8 mins or until chicken is cooked but still tender.
- Serve with freshly steamed vegetables and gravy, which can be made with the left over juices added into your normal gravy mixture.