Iced Easter biscuits
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Get the kids to help you make these delicious and simple biscuits for Easter. Decorate with chocolate eggs and bunnies for fun Easter look
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 175g butter, at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 40g ready to roll icing
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- Drop yellow food colouring
- Chocolate sprinkles and mini eggs
This dough freezes really well so why not make a big batch and then put half in the freezer for last-minute guests!
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Cover two baking sheets with baking paper. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon. Mix in the yolk, then the flour to make a dough.
- Cover a work surface with baking paper and put the dough on top. Cover with cling film, then roll out the dough through it to the thickness of a pound coin. Remove cling film.
- Use an 6cm cutter to cut out 30 biscuits, re-rolling the dough as necessary. Put the biscuits on the baking trays. Bake for 15 mins. Leave to cool.
- Roll out the icing and cut 30 x 5cm rounds. Mix the icing sugar with a little water and colouring, and use to fix an icing round on top of each biscuit. Drizzle icing over the top and decorate with sprinkles and eggs.