Liz Woollaston's sticky prawn kebabs
Fed up with bland diet food? Ditch the boring salads for Liz Woollaston's tasty, low-fat prawn kebabs
- Kebabs:175g (6oz) tiger prawns, cooked and peeled
- 125g (4oz) closed cup mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 4 Pitta breads, cut in half lengthways
- Lettuce, any variety
- Low-fat mayonnaise
- 3tbsp honey
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp of sesame seed oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Put the honey in a bowl and add the prawns. Clover with cling film and leave on the side for 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame seed oil and garlic to the prawns, re-cover and leave for another 15 mins.
- Remove the skin and stalk from the mushrooms. Cut the pepper and onion into medium-sized chunks (big enough to thread onto the skewer without snapping).
- Remove the prawns from the marinade and thread them onto the skewers, putting some of the vegetables between each one. Do this over the bowl to save any marinade that drips off.
- Place the kebab skewers under a grill on a medium heat or on a griddle pan. Grill for 15 mins or until the edges of the vegetables start to curl and go brown. Brush the prawns with remaining marinade every five mins.
- Dollop a layer of mayonnaise in the pitta breads and spread around with the back of a spoon. Put lettuce leaves on top and then fill with a kebab. Serve with salad, or chunky chips.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 275(kcal)
- Fat 1.4g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.