Easy beef stroganoff
Skill level: Easy peasy
This easy beef stroganoff will become a classic winter dish in every household. Beef stroganoff is a traditional Russian dish made with tender cuts of beef, onions, mustard, parsley and served with rice - perfect for absorbing the creamy stroganoff sauce! This easy beef stroganoff is an easy and filling mid-week dinner that the whole family will enjoy, a real crowd-pleaser that will satisfy everyone. A portion of this delicious dish works out at only 380 calories which is great if you're calorie counting or trying to be good. This recipe serves 4 people and will take only 30-40 mins to rustle up.
- 450g sirloin steak, trimmed of fat or 450g diced beef
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 15g butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 284ml carton soured cream
- 1tbsp coarse grain mustard
- 1tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Long grain rice and wild rice, to serve
- Tenderstem broccoli, to serve
- Cut steak into strips about the size of your little finger. Heat oil and butter in a pan, cook steak until browned on the outside, remove, leaving the fat in the pan, and keep warm. Add onion to pan and cook until soft. Add mushrooms and cook until shrunk and all juices have evaporated.
- Return meat to pan. Stir in the soured cream and mustard and heat through. Sprinkle on parsley and serve with rice and broccoli.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 380(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
- Saturates 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.