Feta stuffed tomatoes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Stuffed tomatoes make a great starter if you're catering for guests and by heating them up it allows more antioxidants to be released- so they're even better for you.
- 8 beefsteak tomatoes
- 75g (2 1/2oz) basmati rice, cooked
- 2tbsp green pesto
- 1tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 4tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 180g (6oz) can of sliced black olives, drained
- 50g (2oz) Greek feta, crumbled
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F/gas 4. Slice the top off each tomato and scoop out the pulp into a large bowl. Season the tomato cavities well, then put in a large, shallow ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the rice, pesto, parsley, basil, pine nuts and olives, then carefully spoon the filling into the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and drizzle with oil. Bake for 20 mins until slightly softened and the cheese is golden.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 90(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.