Herby rack of lamb
Skill level: Easy peasy
This posh version of roast lamb is a restaurant favourite. By making a herb crust the lamb stays moist and tender and also tastes amazing
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1tbsp chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 25g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1/2 x 425g lamb gravy, to serve
- Redcurrant and mint relish, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/430°F/gas 7. Melt the butter in a small pan, and mix it with the parsley, thyme, breadcrumbs and mustard. Season well.
- Stand the rack of lamb in a roasting tin and press the breadcrumb mixture onto the fatty side. Roast until the lamb is tender, between 30 to 40 mins, depending on how well-cooked you like your meat.
- Heat the gravy, according to pack instructions, and serve the lamb with redcurrant and mint relish and other seasonal green vegetables and potatoes.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 600(kcal)
- Fat 41.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.