Mediterranean filo tarts
This crispy tarts are filled with flavour and make for a delicious light lunch served with a rocket salad- a real taste of the Med in your home.
- 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 220g pack baby plum tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 6 sheets frozen filo pastry, thawed
- 2tbsp pesto
- fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200C/ Gas 6. Toss vegetables with half the oil and season. Spread out on a baking tray and roast for 12 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until vegetables are caramelised and tender.
- Meanwhile, layer three sheets of filo pastry, brushing each lightly with some of the remaining oil, then cut into six squares. Place two squares on top of each other in a star shape in a 12cm tart tin, or in a Yorkshire pudding tin. Repeat with remaining pastry and oil to make six cases. Bake for 7 to 8 mins until golden and crisp.
- Mix the pesto into the warm vegetables, then divide between the tartlet cases. Finally, garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.