Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This hearty casserole dish is really easy to make. Just prepare it on the hob then leave it to cook in the oven. Simple!
- 6 Lincolnshire sausages
- 175g pack fresh chopped onions
- 200g pack bacon lardons
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 x 300g cans cannellini beans, drained
- 200g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 2tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan oven 180°C/gas mark 6). Fry the onion and bacon in the oil until golden. Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, bay leaves, parsley and 100ml water, season and bring to the boil. Turn into an ovenproof dish.
- Place the sausages on top in a single layer, leaving a small gap between each. Cook in the oven, uncovered, for 40 mins.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 640(kcal)
- Fat 42.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.