Raspberry and cream pastries
Cooking time:plus chilling time
Combine raspberries with puff pastry to make this delicious dessert - they're so easy!
- Half 425g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 8tbsp raspberry conserve or home-made raspberry jam
- 250g pack fresh raspberries
- 284ml pot double cream
- 3tbsp icing sugar
- Few drops vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/Fan 200ºC/gas 7. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Cut the sheet of pastry in half across the short side and then into 4 along the longer side to make 8 even pieces. Put on the baking sheet, leaving a gap between each, and bake for 10 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
- Carefully cut pastry slices through middle to make 2 thinner slices. Spread bottom of each with a tablespoon of jam and cover with a layer of raspberries.
- Whip the cream with two teaspoons of icing sugar and the vanilla essence until it just holds its shape. Carefully spoon on top of the raspberries and level the top. Cover with the pastry tops. Chill for up to 2 hrs. Sift the remaining icing sugar over the top just before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 360(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
- Saturates 15.0g
- Sugars 17.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.