An amazing pud that's as clever as it's delicious - the meringue insulates the ice cream, keeping it from melting and baking it in a hot oven seals the surface.
- 500ml strawberry ice cream, shaped into a block
- 200g flan case
- 1 quantity meringue mixture
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC/450ºF/gas 8.
- Put the ice cream on top of the flan and cut around the edge, leaving a 5cm border.
- Put the flan on a baking sheet and spread the meringue over the ice cream, leaving no gaps.
- Bake immediately for 3 to 4 mins until golden brown. Serve at once.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 320(kcal)
- Fat 3.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
- Sugars 58.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.