Cheese stuffed portobello mushrooms
If you want to satisfy your hunger fast, try this quick and easy mushroom recipe.
- 100g cream cheese like Philadephia
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 250g pack jumbo mushrooms
- 1 slice Granary bread
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, garlic and parsley, and season.
- Cut the stalks out of the mushrooms, and put the tops (gills facing up) into a heavy, ovenproof roasting dish. Divide the cheese mixture between the mushrooms, gently spreading it over each one. Crumble the bread into chunky crumbs and scatter over the mushrooms.
- Bake for 15 mins until the mushrooms are cooked and the breadcrumbs are golden. Serve on their own, or on bread to soak up the juices.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 130(kcal)
- Fat 4.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
- Sugars 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.