Spinach and ricotta pasta
Costs: Cheap as chips
A great Italian-style supper that you're family will love - creamy and good for you!
- 180g pack baby spinach leaves
- 250g pot ricotta cheese
- 150g Cheshire cheese, grated
- 16 tubes cannelloni
- Olive oil, to grease
- 2 x 300g pots fresh Napoletana sauce
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5. Put spinach in a dry non-stick frying pan and stir-fry until it wilts. Turn into a colander and press with the back of a spoon to remove any excess water. Chop roughly.
- Mix spinach with ricotta and two thirds of Cheshire cheese. Season and stuff into the tubes. With the oil, grease a shallow ovenproof dish or four individual dishes big enough to hold a single layer of cannelloni.
- Put cannelloni in dishes and cover with sauce. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese, cover with foil and bake for 25 mins, removing foil for last 5 mins.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 440(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.