A tasty starter or snack full of Mediterranean flavours, this classic Italian tricolore salad mimics the colours of the nation's flag. Made with fresh tomatoes, soft avocado, rich buffalo mozzarella this delicious salad is just bursting with flavour. The vibrant colour of this salad makes it appealing than the rest. This recipe serves 6 people and takes 10 mins to make. The delicious salad dressing is made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic.
- 3 large tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 2 x 125g packs buffalo mozzarella, thickly sliced
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp clear honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Basil leaves, to serve
Serve this salad with cooked chicken strips or beef.
- Divide the slices of tomato, avocado and mozzarella between six plates.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey and garlic, then season. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 340(kcal)
- Fat 32.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.