Tuna fish cakes
Costs: Cheap as chips
Tuna is truly a nutrient-dense food. It's an excellent source of protein as well as B vitamins and omega 3 - which we hear so much about these days! And these tasty fishcakes are ready in less than 30 mins.
- 400g can tuna chunks in brine, drained
- 400g pack Lancashire cheese mash
- 2tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Flake the tuna and mix with the mashed potato, parsley and spring onions. Divide into 8 even portions and shape into patties, about 2cm thick.
- Put the egg and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Coat each fish cake, first in the egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- Heat 100ml oil in a frying pan and cook the cakes for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve with a selection of vegetables.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 425(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.