White chocolate and berry tart
Cooking time:plus chilling time
When catering for guests, you're going to want a dessert that looks, as well as tastes great. This recipe is sure to fill both requirements. It uses ready-made pastry which gives you more time to spend out of the kitchen, so is bound to be a big hit for both the chef and those being fed!
- 340g frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 x 100g packs white chocolate chunks
- 500g mascarpone
- 142ml double cream
- 170g pack fresh raspberries
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin and use it to line a 23cm loose bottomed deep flan tin. Prick the base of the pastry all over with a fork. Cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
- Line the pastry case with a circle of greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Set on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 mins, until the pastry has set. Remove the beans and paper, reduce the oven temperature to 180C/gas 4 and bake for 5 mins more until the pastry is cooked but not browned.
- Put the chocolate chunks and half the mascarpone in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then whisk in the remaining mascarpone until smooth and stir in the double cream. Pour into the pastry case and chill overnight until set. Just before serving, scatter with the fresh raspberries.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 660(kcal)
- Fat 54.0g
- Saturates 33.0g
- Sugars 15.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.