Honey pecan muffins
These gorgeous, melt-in-the-mouth muffins are full of lovely flavours.. honey, brown sugar, pecans and cherries. They make a great treat served with a cuppa.
- 250g (9oz) self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 110g (just over 4oz) butter
- 25g (1oz) soft brown sugar
- 110g (just over 4oz) runny honey
- 150ml (1/4pt) milk
- 100g (4oz) pecans, roughly chopped
- 100g (4oz) dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Place 9 muffin cases in a muffin pan. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter gently in a saucepan until melted, then stir in the sugar and honey. Beat the egg and milk together. Make a well in the flour then pour in the honey and butter mixture followed by the beaten egg and milk. Stir the mixture together quickly to mix. It doesn't matter if there are a few small lumps.
- Stir in the pecans and cherries. Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases, then bake for 20 -25 mins until golden and springy to the touch. Cool on a wire cooling rack.