Honey-glazed fruit kebabs
These fruit skewers are fun to make and are a great way of helping kids hit their 5-a-day target.
- 225g (8 oz) fresh pineapple12 strawberries
- 1 mango
- 2 firm bananas
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 3tbsp clear honey
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/4tsp ground cloves
- Peel the pineapple and cut into chunks.
- Leave the strawberries whole with the hulls on.
- Slice through the mango either side of the stone. Peel, then cut the flesh into large chunks.
- Peel the bananas and cut into 2.5 cm (1in) slices. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice to prevent them turning brown.
- Thread the fruit onto 4 wooden skewers; making sure that each has a mixture of fruit, and place in a large shallow dish.
- To make the glaze, mix together the honey, orange zest and juice and ground cloves and pour over the kebabs. Cover and marinate for 30 mins, turning once.
- Place the fruit skewers under a hot grill or on a barbecue and cook them for 5-6 mins, turning frequently, until the fruit is hot.