Chicken and tomato couscous
Skill level: Easy peasy
This recipe is quick, easy and packed with nutrients. It makes a great lunch for adults, but kids will love it too
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- 150g (5 1/2oz) couscous
- 200ml (7fl oz) boiling water
- 1tbsp mild curry paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Small pot of natural yogurt
- 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- First get your grill or grill-pan very hot. Drizzle the chicken breasts with a little olive oil and grill or chargrill for 10-15 mins, turning once, until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, pop the couscous into a large bowl. Measure out the boiling water and stir in the curry paste and lime juice.
- Pour the liquid over the couscous and cover it with clingfilm. After 5 mins, fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the cherry tomatoes. In a separate small bowl mix the dressing ingredients.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and cut into small pieces if you have a toddler joining you. Serve with warm couscous and a spoonful of the yogurt dressing.