Chicken and tomato jacket
Cooking time:(with microwave)
Everyone loves jacket potatoes... with crispy skins and fluffy insides. Here's a healthy filling with chicken breasts, tomatoes and no-fat yogurt.
- 4 x 225g (8oz) potatoes (Cara, Marfona, Estima)
- 4 chicken breasts
- Dried oregano, rosemary or basil (optional)
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 150g (5oz) 0 per cent fat Greek yogurt
- 4 spring onions (optional)
- Red pesto (optional)
A cake tester is great for pricking the potatoes before you put them in the oven. It goes all the way through so your potatoes get evenly cooked. For extra crispy skin, rub the potatoes with oil and/or salt before baking.
- Scrub the potatoes, then dry and prick each one several times with a sharp knife.
- Microwave method: Cook one potato for 6 minutes on full power (800W), turn half way through cooking. Allow to stand for 1-2 mins before serving. If cooking more than one potato at a time you need to increase the cooking time accordingly.
- Oven method: Rub a few drops of olive oil into the potato skin, place the potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6 on a baking tray with salt sprinkled around the potato. Bake for 1 1/4hrs or until soft.
- When the potatoes are almost ready, cut chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks, heat a non-stick frying pan and pan fry until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through for about 6-8 mins. You might want to add a pinch of dried oregano, rosemary or basil per person.
- Meanwhile chop the tomatoes into chunks, discarding the seeds. When the chicken is cooked, stir together the chicken, tomato and the pot of yogurt. Cut a large cross in the top oif the potatoes and spoon in the chicken and tomato filling.