Chilli tomato wedges with salsa
These delicious potato wedges are baked with chilli powder, tomato puree and black pepper for a spicy kick.
- 4 medium size potatoes (175g-225g/6-8oz each. You can use: Cara, Desiree, Estima, Marfona, Maris Peer, Maris Piper)
- Olive oil
- 4tbsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp water
- 1/2tsp chilli powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pot salsa or guacamole or sour cream dip
For extra taste you can serve the wedges with salsa, guacamole, or a sour cream dip.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6
- Scrub the potatoes, then cut each into half lengthways, and then in half lengthways again. Repeat until you have 8 even-shaped wedges. Boil wedges in a saucepan of water with the lid on for 15mins.
- Mix together 4tsps oil, tomato puree, water, chilli powder and black pepper, and toss the wedges in it.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 mins, until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole to dip.