Tuna, lime and coriander jacket
Cooking time:(with microwave)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Jazz up your jacket potato with this tuna, lime and coriander recipe. Not only does it include tips on getting a really crispy and delicious skin but the tangy tuna and lime combination is irresistable.
- 4 medium size potatoes (175g-225g/6-8oz each)
- 2 x tins tuna in springwater
- 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh coriander, leaves picked, stalks chopped
- 1 red pepper
If cooking an ovenful of potatoes, increase the temperature to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Use metal skewers or baking prongs pushed through the potatoes to reduce the cooking time by up to a quarter. The oil + salt make the skin extra crispy.
- Scrub the potatoes, then dry and prick each one several times with a sharp knife.
- Microwave Method: Cook one potato (225g/8oz) for 6 mins on full power (800W), turn half way through cooking. Allow to stand for 1 - 2 mins before serving. If cooking more than one potato at a time you need to increase the cooking time accordingly.
- Oven Method: Rub a few drops of olive oil into the potato skin, place the potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6 on a baking tray with salt sprinkled around the potato. Bake for 1¼ hours or until soft.
- When potato is ready, open the tins of tuna, in a bowl mix with lime juice and fresh coriander. Serve the mix on top of the jacket. Season with freshly ground black pepper.