Smoked mackerel and spring onion jacket
Cooking time:(with microwave)
A perfect example of a well balanced meal is this jacket potato recipe. In just 25 mins you can whip up a dinner for your family which incorporates protein, vitamins, carbs and essential omega-3s, and who said healthy eating was difficult?
- 4 medium size potatoes (175g-225g/6-8oz each)
- 300g ready-to-eat peppered smoked mackerel fillets
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp Half-fat creme fraiche
- Extra: watercress/rocket
- Healthy: 1 lemon
- Scrub the potatoes, then dry and prick each one several times with a sharp knife.
- Microwave Method: Cook one potato (225g/8oz) for 6 mins on full power (800W), turn half way through cooking. Allow to stand for 1 - 2 minutes before serving. If cooking more than one potato at a time you need to increase the cooking time accordingly.
- Oven Method: Rub a few drops of olive oil into the potato skin, place the potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6 on a baking tray with salt sprinkled around the potato. Bake for 1¼ hours or until soft.
- When the potato is almost ready, in a bowl mix together the mackerel fillets, discarding the skin, with the spring onions and creme fraiche and serve on the jacket.