Pesto mash with garlic chicken
Liven up mashed potato with a dollop of pesto and serve with garlic chicken. Best of all, it's ready in just half an hour.
- 700g (1lb 9oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 150 ml (1/4pt) milk
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic
- Green (basil) pesto
- Freshly ground black pepper
If you're really short of time, use ready prepared mash potato.
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan with the lid on, simmer for 20 mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts in half lengthways and fry in a non-stick pan with 2 cloves of crushed garlic and a seasoning of freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. In another pan bring the milk to the boil. Pour the milk over the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Stir 2tsp of pesto into the potato and serve immediately with the cooked chicken.