Roasted haddock and tomato melt
This colourful, healthy recipe takes just twenty minutes to cook from start to finish, making it the perfect dish to prepare quickly after work.
- 4 x 175g/6oz skinless, boneless haddock or sea bass fillets
- 175g (6oz) roasted red peppers (from a jar)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp dried oregano (or 1tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 110g (4oz) Cheshire cheese, sliced
- 4 small bunches cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 part-baked ciabatta loaf
- 250g (9oz) mangetout or sugar-snap peas
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Arrange the fish fillets on a lightly greased baking sheet or in a roasting pan. Tear up the peppers and arrange them over the fish. Sprinkle with the olive oil and oregano, then season with freshly ground black pepper. Top with the sliced Cheshire cheese and vine tomatoes.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 12-15 mins, putting the ciabatta bread in the oven after 5 mins to bake on the shelf above the fish. Meanwhile, simmer the mangetout or sugar snap peas in lightly salted water for 6-8 mins.
- Drain well. Serve the fish, with the mangetout or sugar snap peas and the warm ciabatta bread.