Warm broccoli and chicken salad
This lovely warm salad is full of flavours and good-for-you things. Chicken breasts, which provide a healthy dose of protein, are marinated in a tangy dressing then pan-fried till they're golden brown. Salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and Tenderstem broccoli add flavour and crunch to this dish, as well as providing a helping hand towards your five-a-day with their variety of vital vitamins and minerals.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunky strips
- Small handful of fresh tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 150g (5oz) mixed salad leaves
- 150g (5oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g (7oz) Tenderstem broccoli
- 25g (1oz) pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread
- Crusty bread
- To make this superfood recipe, put the chicken strips in a bowl, add the tarragon, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- When you're ready to eat, put the salad leaves, tomatoes and spring onions in a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in heavy-based frying pan and fry the chicken for about 8-10 mins, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through. Add the garlic for the last min. Take the pan off the heat, add the dressing and stir, coating the chicken and scraping any bits from the base of the pan.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in boiling, salted water for 4-5 mins or until just tender.
- Top the salad with the broccoli and chicken and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.