Lesley Waters' broccoli & salmon parcels
Well known for TV appearances in Ready Steady Cook, This Morning, and Great Food Live, chef Lesley Waters' has devised this tasty salmon recipe, made all the more delicious by the use of Morrocan spices to give it a bit of a kick
- 325g Tenderstem® broccoli, blanched, refreshed and drained
- 4 x 125g, boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 1 orange, juice only
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 285ml white wine
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1-2tsp harissa paste
- 90ml double cream
- 55g unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 4 x 36cm squares of baking paper or foil
- Pre heat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6, fan oven 190C
- Divide the Tenderstem® broccoli stems and place on one half of the paper/foil squares. Season with freshly ground black pepper and scatter over the shallots.
- Squeeze a little orange juice over the salmon fillets and season well. Wrap each salmon fillet in a slice of Parma ham and place on top of the Tenderstem® broccoli. Drizzle each with a tablespoon of white wine.
- Fold the other half of the paper/foil over the fish and twist the edges together to form a seal.
- Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for 12-14 minutes until the fish and Tenderstem® broccoli are just cooked through.
- Meanwhile make the chilli butter sauce. In a small pan pour in the remaining white wine, vinegar and bring to the boil, simmer until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the harissa paste and cream and reduce a little further.
- Turn down the heat and gently whisk in the chilled butter. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of orange juice.
- Place each pack on its own serving plate, take to the table to open and eat! Serve with a good drizzle of spicy butter sauce.