Date and apple slice
This tasty treat can be whipped up in under an hour, though you'll have to be quicker than that to get a slice!
- 250g/9oz porridge Oats
- 125g/4oz self raising flour
- 125g/4oz wholemeal flour
- 100g/3.5oz caster sugar
- 250g/9oz spread
- 1 x 411g tin stewed apple
- 80g/3oz dates, chopped roughly
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 20 x 30cm, 12 x 18inch loose bottomed tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 4 . Grease the tin with spread. Weigh out the dry ingredients and rub in the remaining spread.
- Put half the mixture in the tin and press down. In a bowl mix together the apple, dates, spice and stir. Pour this mixture on top of the oats and spread to about 2cm short of the edge.
- Top with the rest of the oats, and press down firmly. Bake for 25 minutes until browned on top. Allow to cool completely and cut into slices 3 x 7cm.