Antony Worrall Thompson's cottage pies in baked potatoes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Antony says: 'This is a fun way to serve cottage pie. A few buttered peas are all that is needed'
- 4 large jacket potatoes, washed
- 85g (3oz) unsalted butter
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 85g (3oz) Bousin herb and garlic butter cheese
- 450g (1lb) mainstay mince
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6
- Push a metal skewer through the centre of each potato: this reduces the cooking time and allows the steam to escape. Pop them into the preheated oven on a rack rather than in a baking dish and bake for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes feel soft when squeezed.
- Remove a shallow lid from the top of each potato, scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash with the butter, salt and pepper and Boursin cheese. Fill the cavities half full with the mince mix and pipe or spoon the potato back on top. Fluff up with a fork.
- Return to the oven and bake until the potato is golden and the mince is hot, about 20 minutes. Serve with a green vegetable or well-dressed leaf salad