Low-fat chicken burgers
Prep time:(plus chilling time)
Cooking time:(may need an extra 2 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This low-fat chicken burger is the ideal option if you want to treat yourself without the calories. This chicken burger recipe is one of our favourite healthy burgers of all times. To make this recipe, you'll need less than half an hour, so it's the ideal supper for when you don't have much time but still want to cook a delicious, filling and homemade meal for your family. This is recipe especially good for summer, when we bet you and your family will want to make the most of BBQ season. Chicken is a lean meat that's naturally low on fat, and we haven't added any extra fat to this recipe, which makes it a low-fat option that it's healthy and lower on calories than other burger recipes. To make this recipe even better for you, use wholemeal buns and skip the sauces. If you love a burger but want to find a healthy alternative try this one using lower-fat ingredients - the whole family will love it!
- 2lb boneless and skinless chicken
- 1/4tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 an onion, finely diced
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 4-6 tsp water
- 1tsp salt and
- Pepper to taste
- Non-stick spray or cooking oil that's low in saturated fat e.g. olive oil
- Hamburger buns (wholemeal)
- Your choice of fillings
Just swap the chicken for lean fillet of beef if you fancy turning this recipe into a beef burger
- Cut the chicken into 1-2 inch pieces, removing all fat.
- Blend the chicken in a food processor then add the chicken to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add in the spices, breadcrumbs, onion and the water then mix together with your hands. The mixture will hold together but won't be sticky.
- Chill the chicken mixture for an hour if possible then divide the mixture and shape into 10-12, 1/2in thick burgers.
- Add non-stick spray or a small amount of cooking oil to your frying pan and heat on a medium to low heat.
- Cook each burger for 4-6 mins on each side or until the burger is cooked through to the middle (not pink) and is golden in colour.
- To make the burger: place each chicken burger onto one half of a burger bun.
- Add in any filling of your choice.
- Close the burger and enjoy!
Why not try our classic chicken burger recipe too?