With just three days to go, it's time to tie up the loose ends and prepare a few dishes to help the big day go smoothly.
3 days before
- Most turkeys take at least 36 hours to defrost, so check yours today if you haven't already!
- Time-saver: A simple soup makes a stress-free Christmas starter and you can freeze it too. Try this easy leek and potato soup - make the garnish on the day.
- Defrost the stuffing or make the stuffing and chill in the fridge
- Stuff the turkey then prepare and chill the turkey
- Blanch the root vegetables; par-cook and chill the peeled/cut potatoes (you can even half-roast the parsnips and spuds)
- Also, peel and cut the carrots, wash and trim the sprouts then store in ziplock bags (not in water)
- Thaw any frozen food you made ahead e.g. bread sauce, stock, soup etc.
- Chop the herbs e.g. parsley, place in clingfilm and put in the fridge