Oaty cheese biscuits
Makes: 12 rounds
Rolled oats, grated cheese, flour and butter mixed together and rolled out flat, stamp out rounds or star shapes for Christmas and serve topped with cheese
- 100g (4oz) rolled oats
- 100g (4oz) plain flour
- 1tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g (2oz) white vegetable fat
- 100g (4oz) Mature grated Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1tsp clear honey
- 3tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4.
- Place the rolled oats, plain flour, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and rub in the white vegetable fat using clean finger tips until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the grated Cheddar.
- Stir together the honey and milk and add to the dry ingredients. Bring the mixture together to form a soft dough then roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1cm thickness. Using a 5cm cutter stamp out about 12 rounds and place onto a non stick baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on tray for 15 minutes then carefully remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Delicious served topped with thin slices of Cheddar and a sun blushed tomato!
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!