Chocolate snowman truffles
Chocolate snowman truffles are sure to go down a hit with the kids at Christmas time - the perfect recipe to make during the holidays when you need to entertain them and prepare food for friends and family who will be visiting. Snowman truffles are perfect to make a batch at the beginning of December, keep them in the fridge and use them on top of seasonal cakes, for unexpected house guests or emergency foodie Christmas presents - they are so versatile and look like you've made a real effort!
- 100g (4oz) plain chocolate
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 275g (10oz) icing sugar
- White chocolate for grating
- Red and green pre-bought fondant icing - for hats and noses
- Place water in a small pan, bring to the boil and take off the heat
- Break chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over the water. Gently stir until chocolate is melted. Add the butter and again gently stir until butter has melted. Remove bowl from water
- Sieve the icing sugar into chocolate mixture, fold until thoroughly mixed together. Allow to cool.
- Take small spoonful of the mixture and roll into a small ball. Grate white chocolate into a bowl and roll each truffle in the chocolate until well coated - keep your hands cool and it won't be so sticky!
- Once all the snowmen are complete, make hats and noses using the red and green icing then attach to the snowmen - you may need to use cocktail sticks or a little jam to help sticking.
- Make a little box or use cellophane to wrap your truffles and give them to teachers, friends and relations for Christmas and as thank you pressies