These delicious balls of fun are a tasty alternative to chicken nuggets
- 225g (8oz) chicken mince
- 1 slice bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp chopped chives
- Salt and black pepper
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 6tbsp sweet and sour sauce
- 100g (3 1/2oz) ready prepared stir-fry vegetables
- 4 pitta breads
- Put the breadcrumbs into a large mixing bowl and add the mince, soy sauce, chives and seasoning. Mix together by hand into 16 small meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the balls for 5 mins, turning to ensure even cooking.
- Add half the sweet and sour sauce and cook for a 1 min.
- Remove the chicken balls and keep warm.
- Add the remaining sweet and sour sauce to the pan, heat and add the stir-fry vegetables. Cook for 4 mins.
- Heat the pitta breads for a few minutes under a pre-heated grill. Split to form a pocket.
- Add the chicken balls and stir fry vegetables to the pitta breads and serve.