Easy chicken Kiev
This easy chicken Kiev recipe is a classic! It doesn't take long to make and produces garlic infused sauce inside each tender chicken breast. An all-time classic recipe and easier to make than you think - add as little or as much garlic as you want. This recipe serves 2 people and will take 35 mins to cook. Each chicken breast is coated in a crisp, breadcrumb and Cornflake based coating which makes it extra delicious. Serve with new potatoes, homemade chips and plenty of fresh greens too.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 50g (1 3/4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 4tbsp parsley chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g (1 3/4oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25g (4/5oz) corn flakes, crushed
- 2tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1tbsp plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-2tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix together the butter, parsley, garlic and seasoning. Place in the freezer for about 15 mins.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas 6.
- Cut a pocket along the length of the chicken breast with a sharp knife. Spoon the chilled butter into the pocket of each chicken breast. Pull the cut chicken over the butter to cover.
- Stir together the breadcrumbs, corn flakes and Parmesan. Dust the chicken in the seasoned flour, then the beaten egg. Finally roll the chicken in the breadcrumb mix.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20-25 mins,
- Serve with potato wedges and peas and carrots.