Chicken teriyaki thighs
Prep time:(plus marinate overnight)
Skill level: Easy peasy
This traditional Japanese recipe is great for barbecues, or if you just want something a little exotic for the dinner table
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp demerara sugar
- 2tbsp dry sherry
- 1tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- To make this chicken thigh recipe, place the chicken thighs in a dish.
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, sherry, ginger and garlic, pour over the chicken and mix together. Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas 6.
- Put the thighs and sauce into a single layer in a roasting tin. Bake in the oven for 40- 45 minutes, turning halfway through.
- If barbecuing the thighs, cook over medium hot coals for 35-40 mins, turning regularly.
- Serve with roasted tomatoes and warmed tortilla wraps.