Skill level: Easy peasy
This popular chicken stroganoff recipe is simple to make, ready in minutes and will warm you from the inside out. Serving 4 people and ready in just 35 mins, this chicken stroganoff is the prefect mid-week meal for the whole family. The sauce in this chicken stroganoff recipe is made with white wine, whole grain mustard and soured cream, so it's packed full of flavour and extra creamy. Garnish your stroganoff with parsley or thyme before serving and plate up with noodles, rice or new potatoes.
- 4 chicken skinless fillets cut into strips
- 1 knob of butter
- 2tsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 150g (5oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 75ml (0.15pt) white wine
- 75ml (0.15pt) chicken stock
- 1tsp whole grain mustard
- 150ml (0.3pt) soured cream
- Bunch of fresh parsley or thyme, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
'For a more intense flavour I sprinkled the chicken with paprika before I fried it.'goodtoknow user, Sharon
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onion for 3 - 4 mins until soft and beginning to colour. Add the chicken and cook for 5 - 7 mins until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms; cook until soft and most of the liquid has simmered off.
- Add the wine and boil for 5 mins to reduce by half. Then add the stock, mustard and soured cream and bring to the boil. Season and add the parsley.
- Serve immediately over noodles or rice.