Chicken korma kebabs
Serves: 4 - 6
Prep time:(plus 30 mins marinating time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A tasty chicken dish that's great for summer barbecues and can also be cooked in the oven for an all-year-round dinner
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned
- 4tbsp Korma curry paste
- 2tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tbsp plain yogurt or double cream
- toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- Naan bread
Serve with natural yogurt and chopped chives to take the heat away.
- Heat the oil and cook the onion until soft but not coloured. Leave to cool and add the korma paste and stir in the yogurt or cream.
- Cut each breast lengthwise into 3 strips. Add the chicken strips to the korma sauce toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins. Thread the chicken strips on skewers.
- If barbecuing, grill over medium-hot coals, turning every 2 mins, for 8 - 10 mins until cooked through. Alternatively place under a medium grill for the same amount of time.
- Place the naan bread directly on the grill until just warm for about 30 seconds per side.
- Serve sprinkled with the almonds alongside a red onion and tomato salad and sprinkled flaked almonds piled on naan bread.
Click on the link for more barbecue recipes