Fruity chicken curry
Total time:(plus 20 mins marinating)
A delicious family recipe that can be prepared the night before for extra flavour. It'll be sure to set the taste buds tingling
- 8 chicken skinless chicken fillets, cubed
- 4tbsp malt vinegar
- 2tsp curry powder
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1/4tsp turmeric
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1cm (1/5in) ginger, crushed
- 4tbsp brown sugar
- 4tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 175g (6oz) semi dried apricots, chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1/4tsp peppercorns
- Mix the vinegar, curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic, ginger and sugar together.
- Add the chicken and mix. Leave to marinate for 20 mins.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions. Cook until beginning to colour golden.
- Add the cloves and peppercorns and colour for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and marinade into the pan with the onions and simmer for 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add the apricots, cover and cook for a further 15 mins.
- Serve with pilau rice and chutneys.