Cooking time:(plus 2 hours chilling time)
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Learn how to make rocky road with our easy rocky road recipe. This timeless treat is a simple yet delicious way to please every sweet-tooth in the family, and you can follow our simple step-by-step video recipe. The best thing about rocky road recipe is that it requires no baking so you can easily make it with the kids and spend some fun times in the kitchen. All you need to do is melt some chocolate, allow to cool, then pour it over your favourite naughty treats and set - simple! Plus you only need seven ingredients, and you can use biscuits or chocolates you have in the house. You can make it in just 45 minutes, and then all you have to do is wait for the rocky road to chill. Two hours should be enough for it to set but you can leave for longer or even overnight if you make it the day before. This recipe for rocky road uses Maltesers, marshmallows and ginger biscuits but you can swap or add pretty much any sweet ingredients you like – perfect time to let the kids use their imagination. This recipe makes 16 rocky road bars, which are well worth the wait. Perfect as a food gift wrapped in a cellophane bag and tied with a ribbon, and even better for birthday parties – kids and grown-ups will go nuts for this rocky road recipe!
The best thing about rocky road is that you can add whatever you like into the chocolate mix. Experiment with different sweets and chocs, crumbled up to make your perfect treat
- 100g unsalted butter
- 225g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 100g Maltesers®
- 100g mixed milk and white chocolate chips
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 225g ginger biscuits, broken into pieces
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a small pan, heat the butter, plain chocolate and golden syrup and stir together with a wooden spoon. Once melted together, leave to cool for 10 mins.
- In a large bowl, place the Maltesers®, milk and white chocolate chip, mini marshmallows, ginger biscuits and bind together with the melted chocolate sauce.
- Pour into the lined tin and leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hrs.
- Remove from cake tin and slice into 16 snack-sized rocky road bars.
- Dust the rocky road with icing sugar to serve.
Recipe from Lyles Golden Syrup.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.