Cooking time:(plus 2 hours chilling time)
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Learn how to make rocky road with our easy rocky road recipe. Rocky road is a simple yet delicious treat to knock up for the family. The best thing about rocky road is that it requires no baking so you can easily make it with the kids. All you need to do is melt some chocolate, allow to cool, then pour it over your favourite naughty treats and set - simple! This classic version uses Maltesers, marshmallows and ginger biscuits but you can swap or add pretty much any sweet ingredients you like. This recipe makes 16 rocky road bars and are well worth the wait. Perfect for birthday parties or as a food gift wrapped in a cellophane bag and tied with a ribbon.
The best thing about rocky road is that you can add whatever you like into the chocolate mix. Experiment with different sweets and chocs, crumbled up to make your perfect treat
IngredientsFor your rocky road recipe you will need:
- 100g (4oz) unsalted butter
- 225g (8oz) plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 100g (4oz) Maltesers®
- 100g (4oz) mixed milk and white chocolate chips
- 100g (4oz) mini marshmallows
- 225g (8oz) ginger biscuits, broken into pieces
- Line a 20cm (8in) square cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a small pan, heat the butter, plain chocolate and golden syrup and stir together with a wooden spoon. Once melted together, leave to cool for 10 mins.
- In a large bowl, place the Maltesers®, milk and white chocolate chip, mini marshmallows, ginger biscuits and bind together with the melted chocolate sauce.
- Pour into the lined tin and leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hrs.
- Remove from cake tin and slice into 16 snack-sized rocky road bars.
- Dust the rocky road with icing sugar to serve.
Recipe from Lyles Golden Syrup
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.