Chickpea & coriander salad
Are you looking for a healthy salad recipe for lunch this week that’s healthy but will actually fill you up enough to stop you reaching for a snack in the afternoon? Give this chickpea and coriander salad recipe a go for the perfect lunch recipe that will leave you satisfied all afternoon. If you're stuck for lunch ideas, and all you can find is a can of chickpeas try this super quick salad. Just boil the chickpeas in tea for extra flavour and health benefits! Chickpeas are a great source of protein so are great to include in vegetarian dishes like this one for a non-meat alternative protein source. They’re also full of fibre, magnese and folate which are vital for staying healthy. Cherry tomatoes are a great addition to this dish as they’re full of vitamin C to help ward off those colds, as well as vitamin K, potassium and folate. Providing plenty of flavour in this dish is the dressing made from garlic, onion, coriander and plenty of olive oil, mustard cream and seasoning. Never has a salad tasted so flavoursome – you’ll never go back to soggy lettuce again!
- 250g can chickpeas
- Handful cherry tomatoes diced
- 3 Ceylon teabags
- 4tsp chopped coriander leaves
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2tsp mustard cream
- 1 chopped onion
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 60ml olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- To make this superfood recipe, place the chickpeas in a saucepan of water, add the tea bags and boil until chickpeas are softened.
- Throw away the tea bags, drain liquid and cool the chickpeas.
- Combine the mustard cream with olive oil, pepper and salt to taste and toss with the chickpeas, diced tomatoes and chopped onion, garlic and torn coriander leaves.
- Serve on shredded iceberg lettuce and garnish with sundried tomatoes.