Beef fillet in black tea sauce
Try this juicy beef fillet infused with black tea to add rich flavour and antioxidants which are good for detoxing the body
- 2 individual fillet steaks
- 100ml white wine
- 2 black teabags
- 20g chopped shallots
- 20g butter
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Season and marinate the fillet steaks in half of the wine for one hour.
- Meanwhile, grind the rosemary and thyme in a pestle and mortar. Combine the herbs with the breadcrumbs and add a little butter to make a paste. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the shallots. Add the rest of the white wine and the remaining liquid from the marinade. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Strain the sauce with a fine strainer, return to the heat and infuse the teabags for 4 mins
- Season to taste and set aside.
- Roll the beef fillets in the prepared herb paste and place on baking tray. Cook in the oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6 until herb coating is crusty
- Return the black tea sauce to the heat and warm through.
- Remove the beef from the oven and slice into medallions. Drizzle with the black tea sauce and serve with mashed potato and seasonal vegetables.