Horseradish potato cakes
Great served with haggis and neeps & tatties for Burns Night, or with your Sunday roast. The horseradish adds an extra bit of punch to the humble potato cake
- 800g potatoes suitable for boiling e.g Maris Piper, King Edward
- 50g butter
- 40g double cream
- 20g - 35g horseradish sauce (depending of strength of flavour required)
- Salt and pepper, to season
Great served with mashed neeps and haggis for Burns Night
- Boil potatoes until cooked and drain thoroughly. Return to pan and mash or sieve potato until lump-free, add a little butter and cream to give a stiff but creamy texture.
- Add enough horseradish sauce to give the required level of horseradish hit and adjust seasoning.
- Spoon into baking rings and chill for 30 mins before removing from the rings and pan frying until lightly browned on each side. Serve with your choice of roasted meats, grilled sausage or casserole.