Pineapple and coconut pancakes with golden syrup and crème fraiche
These coconut and pineapple pancakes have a great tropical taste and make for a very tasty dessert
- 250g/10oz our classic pancake recipe
- 110g/4 oz sweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 350ml milk
- 200g/8 oz can of crushed pineapple
- vegetable oil, for frying
- crème fraiche or plain yoghurt for serving
- In a large bowl combine the pancake mix, coconut, egg, milk and crushed pineapple together to make the batter. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, under a medium heat. Pour a rounded tablespoon of batter onto the hot pan and flatten slightly.
- Fry the batter for 1-2 minutes and when it starts to bubble,
- turn over to reveal a crisp and golden side. Cook for a further
- 1-2 mins and set aside in a warm place. Finish making the rest of the
- batter in the same way.
- To serve, stack up 3-4 pancakes per person, drizzle with Lyle’s Golden Syrup and top with a dollop of crème fraiche. Delicious served with fruit salad.