Chicken and leek pancakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you're a fan of crepes then you're going to love this chicken and leek pancake recipe. It's perfect for lunch and dinner and especially good as part of a full pancake menu come Shrove Tuesday! The white sauce is flavoured with punchy mustard for a delicious kick that compliments the chicken beautifully. The best thing about this recipe is that it can almost entirely be made ahead of time, which is great for those days when you're so busy you won't have time to cook a full dinner from scratch but equally don't want to resort to freezer food. To get everything ready ahead of time simply make up your crepes and sauce and warm both through before serving when needed.
- 1 leek
- 300ml milk
- 25g butter
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 225g cooked chicken
- 4-5 warm pancakes, using our ultimate pancake recipe
- Sauté 1 leek in a little oil for 2 mins, cover and cook for a further 3-4 mins or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 300ml milk, 25g butter and 3 tbsp plain flour to the pan, bring to the boil, whisking all the time until a smooth sauce forms. Simmer for 1 min.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 2 tsp wholegrain mustard, the leek and 225g cooked chicken cut into bite sized pieces.
- Season to taste and gently warm through until the chicken is hot. Divide the mixture between 4-5 warm pancakes and serve with salad.