Lemon meringue pancakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Why have one dessert when you can have two desserts in one? These delicious lemon meringue pancakes combine crunchy meringues mixed in with tangy lemon, sweet cream and tasty pancakes for an indulgent breakfast or delicious dessert idea. Once you've mastered the basic crepe recipe the rest is easy. We've used ready made meringues and jarred lemon curd to keep prep time to a minimum as well as meaning there'll be less mess in the kitchen! If you're making these for family and friends then simply make up your pancakes in advance and reheat in a hot pan when you're ready to serve, assembling the fillings as you go. You'll cut down on time and mess while still producing an impressive homemade dessert of lemon meringue pancakes.
- 1 quantity of our basic pancake recipe
- 150ml double cream
- Half a lemon
- 3tbsp lemon curd
- 2 crushed meringue nests
- Icing sugar
- Make the basic pancake recipe.
- Whip the double cream until it form soft peaks.
- Stir in the zest and juice of half a lemon and 1 tbsp lemon curd to form a soft smooth cream.
- Lightly fold through 2 crushed meringue nests and 2 more tablespoons of lemon curd to give a marbled effect.
- Divide the mixture between 4-6 pancakes and serve dusted with icing sugar.