IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 60g (2oz) plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium egg
- 175ml (6fl oz) milk
- Oil, for frying
- 200g (7oz) blueberries
- 4tsp clover honey
- Splash of cassis (blackcurrant liqueur) or cognac
- 25g butter
- 25g sugar
- First, make the basic pancake recipe.
- Fold pancakes in half, then in half again to give a triangular pocket.
- Heat another 25g (1oz) butter in a pancake pan and add 25g (1oz) sugar. Bubble to dissolve sugar and make a syrup.
- Place two folded pancakes at a time into the syrup. Spoon half the blueberries into the pockets of the pancakes. Spoon buttery mix over and heat through.
- Add half honey and just melt, do this at the last minute as honey can scorch. Repeat with remaining ingredients, pancakes and blueberries.
- Serve immediately, finishing with a splash of cassis or cognac.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.