Rosemary Conley's courgette pasta bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
If you love courgettes and pasta, then this pasta bake recipe could be perfect for you as an easy lunch or dinner. Kids love it too!
- 225g (8oz) uncooked pasta
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 courgettes, diced
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 600g (1¼ lb) tomato passata
- 3tbsp virtually fat-free fromage frais
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF, gas mark 5).
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water containing the stock cube, then drain.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan. Dry-fry the courgettes, onion and garlic in the pan for 3- 4 mins. Add the chilli, basil and tomato passata. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer, then stir in the cooked pasta and season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 30 mins. Just before serving, dot with fromage frais and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve with fresh vegetables or salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 293(kcal)
- Fat 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.