Bacon, tomato, spinach & ricotta linguine
A great weekday family meal, it only takes a few minutes to make. You can use other pasta if you don't have linguine.
- 12 rashers of lean Wiltshire cure smoked back bacon
- 200-250g (8-10oz) linguine
- 30ml (2tbsp) olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 5 sundried tomatoes
- 200g (8oz) ricotta cheese
- 100g (4oz) fresh spinach
- Cook the linguine in a pan of boiling water as per pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil into a pan, add thinly-sliced red onion, roughly chopped bacon and lightly cook.
- Add the roughly chopped sundried tomatoes and ricotta cheese. Lightly heat and blend together. Add the spinach leaves and stir through.
- Combine this with the freshly-drained pasta then serve straight away scattered with black pepper, torn basil, chunks of crusty bread and a tomato and basil salad.